What is the Frosch USA shipping policy?
Frosch USA offers free ground shipping within the contiguous USA on all orders above $29. Orders below $29 have a shipping charge of $5. Read more about shipping and returns here.
How does the Frosch referral program work?
Frosch offers $10 off for every customer you refer using our program. The friend you refer will receive 15% off their first order, and you will automatically receive a coupon for $10 off emailed to you as soon as your friend places an order. Read more about the referral program here.
What is the Frosch approach to surfactants like palm oil and other tropical-based oils?
Frosch uses only plant-based surfactants. Unlike other brands, Frosch seeks to minimize the use of surfactants from tropical sources. When necessary, Frosch purchases only RSPO (Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil)-certified Palm Kernel Oil. Tropical surfactant production has led to significant rain forest degradation in countries like Indonesia and also leads to a larger carbon footprint as raw materials have to travel long distances to production facilities. Please click here for more details about Frosch's surfactant initiatives.
Does Frosch use bioplastics (like corn plastic)?
Frosch specifically avoids the use of vegetable-based packaging and instead focuses on closing the plastic manufacturing cycle by only using recycled plastics that can be recycled and reused again. We believe that this approach is more environmentally friendly when viewed globally. Frosch is continually working to improve the sustainability and performance of its packaging. Please click here for more details about Frosch's award-winning recycling initiatives.
Are these the same Frosch products that are available in Europe?
Yes, these products are the same formulas as the products available in Europe and in other Frosch export countries.
My favorite Frosch product is not listed on Frosch USA. Will I be able to buy it in the future?
Our goal is to expand the US Frosch product lineup over time. If there is a Frosch product that you would really like to see in the US, please let us know.
Why does Frosch use colors and fragrances in their products?
Frosch does not completely avoid the use of dyes and perfumes. Based on more than 30 years of research and experience, Frosch finds that many consumers enjoy the scents in our products and also enjoy the aesthetic and fun of the colors included in our products. All dye and scent ingredients used in Frosch products are very carefully selected by our lab team and are selected based on their excellent and proven skin sensitivity, and are also either certified cosmetic-grade or food-grade.
What makes the pH Neutral Universal Cleaner so special?
The pH-Neutral Universal Cleaner was the very first Frosch product. It is well known for its mildness and versatility. It can be used for everything from floor cleaning to surface cleaning to hand washing laundry. It is a true universal cleaner.
Which ingredients will Frosch never use?
Frosch refuses to use the following ingredients:
- Phosphates: Phosphates are powerful and comparably low-priced components that are still used in many cleaning and detergent products. They generally boost product performance. Phosphates accelerate the growth of water plants (Eutrophication) which leads to a lack of oxygen in aquatic environments.
- Borates: Borates are used as a very cheap part of bleach systems that are used in fabric and machine dishwashing detergents. After the new EU Classification, borates are classified as T (poisonous) / R 60, R61 (can disturb the reproduction ability and may damage the child in the womb).
- Formaldehyde: Formaldehyde is a very efficient and cheap preservative that is still often used in many products. There are concerns about the long term health effects of Formaldehyde. NTA (Nitrolotriacetat): NTA is a component that improves the performance of cleaning agents and detergents. Its main task is to reduce the water hardness in order to improve cleaning performance. It is also used as a stabilizer. There are concerns about the long term health effects of NTA.
- EDTA (Ethylendiamintetraacetat): EDTA is a very cheap component with similar properties as NTA. EDTA biodegrades poorly and can remobilize heavy metals in waters.
- PVC: PVC is a cheap packaging material. When PVC is incinerated, toxic organic chlor compound, salt acid and other dangerous components are created.
Where are Frosch products manufactured?
Frosch products are manufactured in Germany or Austria.
Are Frosch products tested on animals?
Frosch products have never been and will never be tested on animals, which has been policy from the very first beginning of the brand in 1986. We also do not use any animal-based ingredients in our products. Furthermore, Frosch also does not assign contracts to any third parties for animal testing.
Since sustainability and environmental compatibility are very important to us, we do everything to avoid animal testing in the value chain of our products. Therefore, we are very careful in our selection of raw materials and consciously focus on proven and well-established ingredients. We make sure that the effect on humans and wildlife from any of the raw materials use is already well known, and so far do not have to be tested on animals.
Frosch products contain no ingredients of animal origin, in so far that the products can be called in the broadest sense as "vegan," though this term is originally from the food industry.
Furthermore FROSCH respects the animal life and supports Animal-orientated organization’s like WWF and NABU (German organization). For more information, click here.
Where can I find Frosch Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS)?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for MSDS information.